Thursday, April 11, 2013

The first draft of working with a digital artist

I didn't like it as much as the second draft, as my co-author and I were debating putting people on the cover. Our two main characters are of different "racial" ethnicities if they were in our reality, but in the world they live in the way they define race is a bit different.



I'm sure people may argue that it lacks bravery to not put two people of different races on a book cover. I have to disagree. I think the symbols on the characters wrists are more important than their races, but it's also obvious they are different races due to their skin color.

I'd like to know that I have an audience, and that they have no issue with two main protagonists, one being white, the other being black.

If we see a general interest in the book once it's released, it will open a door to people on the cover, but until then, we will probably go with something more in the lines of the 2nd draft.

But we wanted to show the first draft by an artist whom goes by UNREALSMOKER. He is originally from Indonesia, and I commissioned him from www.deviantart.com

You guys should check that site out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving awesome comments!We appreciate and reply to everyone!