Sunday, December 1, 2013

Guinevere, the best half of Twinja Book Reviews ;p was featured on "The Attic!"

Just wanted to let people know that Guinevere was featured on The Attic-Young Adult Book Reviews last night! It can be seen on the link, or scroll down and learn more about Guin(pronounced Gwen)! She looks so adorable with one of her celebrity crushes Travis Garland, who we met a few weeks back! Look at her! There's not enough crackers to go with that cheese!


Hey there, Readers!

Please give a warm welcome to Guinevere!
GuinevereName: Guinevere Zoyana Tomas
Blog: Twinja Book Reviews
Has been blogging since: Since March of 2013
Read/blogs about: Twinja Book Reviews is a book blog dedicated to spreading diversity in books with fantasy, science fiction and paranormal undertones. We only review books that feature multicultural main characters be they Latina, of Asian Ancestry, African descent, Gay, disabled, plus sized, You name it! We also blog about how representation in books is important for young readers as well as older readers. We get into some heavy stuff!
Describe yourself in five words. 
Geeky, Urban, Stylish Afro-Latina ;D

Why did you start a book blog?
Well I started a book blog with my twin sister because we really like reading books. But one thing I noticed coming onto the circuit is that there was very little focus on books that featured characters other than the “default” white, able bodied, male, cisgendered, thin and straight character. While I read books that don’t feature diverse characters, I thought it was time that another multicultural blog came into the circuit because I lot of my friends who don’t read is for one simple reason….They can’t find a book that includes diverse main protagonists. So i’m attempting to make the search easier for people who do want to read books that incorporate not only diversity but some culture as well.
What do you when you’re not reading or blogging?
Well in my spare time I work, write(I have a few WIP’s), I try to travel at least twice a year whether it’s networking or personal. But where I spend most of my time is an open gym practicing my “Tricking” and preparing for my next belt in Tang Soo Do.
What does your “to be read” pile look like at this moment? (Either take a picture or describe it!)
It’d be easier to show a pic.You see I have about 4 full bookcases in my living room and a small one in my room I consider “TBR”.
MyTBRPile
The_Partner_Track_by_Helen_WanWhat have you read recently that you loved?
The Partner Track by Helen Wan. It was a compelling tale of what it’s like to be a minority in the corporate world told by a female protagonist of Asian Ancestry.If you only knew what goes on out there, you’d be disgusted!
What is your all time favorite quote from a novel?
“I like knowing that sometimes the impulses can go the other way. That maybe it’s possible to have an impulse for good”.
The words of Jasper Dent from the novel I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga. The book is about a teenager who has a serial killer for a father and he’s fighting the urge to be be like him.It’s pretty spooky!
Tinker_KingbyTiffanyTrentWhat is an upcoming release that you are most excited about?
I don’t always anticipate releases because I buy more books that are a few years old than I do new ones, but I’m really looking forward to Tiffany Trent’s sequel to The UnNaturalists called The Tinker King. The guy on the cover is delectable!
Do you have a favorite bookish memory?
I’m not sure if I even have one :P I’m terrible with questions like this
Guinevere&TravisGarland
I’m a huge music lover/music snob so I have to ask, what are you currently listening to?
Well it’s hard to say because I don’t really have one artist that I listen to but I recently seen an artist I’ve followed for years in concert named Travis Garland. He’s a blend of R&B, Pop and Soul music. He was the nicest celebrity i got the chance to meet(I’ve met a few)
Do you listen to music while you read?
Well I find it a bit distracting because I used to be a dancer and whenever i listen to music I envision dance steps in my head. Can’t really concentrate on reading when I’m seeing steps in my head, lol.
It’s time for a game of this or that!
Normal or paranormal? Hmmm…..I’m going say Paranormal
Chocolate or vanilla? Uhhh…Vanilla
The power to see the future or the ability to travel into the past? Travel into the past!
Paperback or hardcover? Hardcover!
Cats or dogs? Dogs, I’m allergic to cat hair.
Thanks for participating, Guinevere!
I think the concept behind your blog is awesome! I like how you focus on just one topic–it does make it easier to find a specific kind of book. I just tend to review whatever I read, which is kind of all over the place, but most of them do seem to fall under the typical stereotypes when it comes to main characters. I was stuck in a paranormal rut for a while, then I started forcing myself to branch out into contemporary, and more recently into LGBT. I’ve read so many amazing books that way!
If you are interested in participating in Behind the Blogger, please fill out THIS FORM.

Happy Reading!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving awesome comments!We appreciate and reply to everyone!