Monday, August 22, 2016

#NAAugust Week Four, Day 22: Beyond The Contemporaries - The Black Parade by Kyoko M.

Hosted by Books Are My Fandom   
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1490911502
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18242185-the-black-parade
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1490911502
 Okay so today's book has been on my TBR list for effing ever, and sitting on my shelf waiting for me to crack it open.

It boggles the mind how I have an Afro-Latinx heroine on my shelf but haven't read it(especially since the last spec fic book I read with the same thing blew my mind!) but I'll give you reason why you should!

Reasons why I choose The Black Parade:

~Jordan, the MC seems to be quite the flawed heroine. I'm starting to prefer difficult female heroines for a number of reasons(one being Supernatural was once one of my fave shows, but the longer I stay tuned, the more I realize we don't appreciate flawed female rep as much as male) and the fact she isn't perfect makes me like the character more =D

~It's an UF that has a different take on Angels/Demons lore. It can get overwhelming when a bunch of books have similar themes, plots and characters, but you needn't worry with TBP, as a diverse cast and new take will take you back into the world with a fresh take!

~It's a trilogy, so there's more where that came from ;p

~She's Afro-Latinx. Duh!

So I admit I haven't gotten around to this book after I started reading ebooks over paperback(I hate lugging books, my copy is a paperback) but that shouldn't stop you from taking a look!

Don't forget to check Libertad out at Dani Reviews Things for her guest post on LGBTQIAP+ in New Adult!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving awesome comments!We appreciate and reply to everyone!